Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jomikk
Helper I
Helper I

Create measure based of two tables

Hi, I have two tables, which are segmented by different years (the three bars) and different axis members. The values sum up.

How can I create a measure that properly does what I want below, while taking into account slicers?

test.PNG

I have tried

Measure = DIVIDE(SUM(TableA[2017]);SUM(TableB[2017]))

But that only gives me the total value, not segmented by the axis or slicers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jomikk,

You can get this result when you use shared dimensions. So for example if you have two tables with both a date column, you should add a calendar table that relates to these both tables containing a year column. This column should then be used in the chart.

If you use a measure that divides a SUM measure from both tables, it will do this based on the year from the calendar table that filters both tables with values.

Because it seems that you have columns with year's, please unpivot them so you have 1 column with Value and two rows with year. Join that year to a calendar table and voilla.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jomikk,

You can get this result when you use shared dimensions. So for example if you have two tables with both a date column, you should add a calendar table that relates to these both tables containing a year column. This column should then be used in the chart.

If you use a measure that divides a SUM measure from both tables, it will do this based on the year from the calendar table that filters both tables with values.

Because it seems that you have columns with year's, please unpivot them so you have 1 column with Value and two rows with year. Join that year to a calendar table and voilla.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.