Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create line chart using filters based on another table

Hi guys, here is my situation:

I have two tables

1. date

01/01/2019

01/02/2019

01/03/2019

03/31/2019

2. company       eff_date           exp_date           amount

abc                01/01/2019     01/07/2019        100

abc                01/08/2019     01/28/2019        110

abc                01/29/2019     12/31/9999        120

xyz                 01/01/2019      02/04/2019       200

xyz                 02/05/2019      12/31/9999       230

def                 03/12/2019      12/31/9999       300

I want to build a line chart to see how each company's inventory moving throughout the time.

The first table is I created to connect to second table as filter. Ideally I can use the first table as filter to see how is the inventory moving in a specific period of time 

The second table is fact table, showing at how many items the company have at a specific time. eff_date is the date that the inventory record refreshed and exp_date is 1 day before next refresh. If exp_date is 12/31/9999, that means the record is up-to-date.

Any idea on how to create the calculated measure?

Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous what is the actual question? What end result you are looking for?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it's unclear in my statement. 

I hope to create a line chart like this:

Capture.PNG

The y-axis is amount of inventory and x-axis is time. The point is that I have to create a measure to get the correct amount at the given time point. eg. at any given time T, the correct amount should be sum of amount with filter eff_date <= T & exp_date > T

I am stuck in creating such a measure.

Thanks!

@Anonymous can you share sample data in excel file thru one drive/google drive?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.