Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vehau1
Helper I
Helper I

Create index from Custom Column

Hi there, 

I have a large dataset that needs indexing. I don't want to use the Power Query Index Column, because it is not query folding. I want to have all of my operations done in the native query, due to the large dataset and the limitations on my RAM and cache.

So how do I proceed in creating a index column that will be accepted as a native query? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vehau1 ,

By my tests and research, I'm afraid that the View Native Query is not supported for creating index column in query editor.

You could refer to the blogs below which may help you know this feature better.

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/4563/power-bi-native-query-and-query-folding/

http://blog.pragmaticworks.com/power-bi-checking-query-folding-with-view-native-query 

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I guess then I'll have to create a custom key based off the columns I already have, in order to circumvent this problem then. But thanks for the confirmation. 

Hello.

If you still there, i have the same problem, how did you solved this problem?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.