Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create historical data within Power BI Table

Hi All,

I am pulling data from share point site & there we have always current month data only. But I want to keep previous month data as well in my table.

Example: Last month when I pull the data into PBI it was for 07-2020. Now, in sharepoint data has been replaced with current month data. But what I want is something like that I can keep 07-2020 data and append current month data into existing table. This scenario is for only one table not for whole application.

Is there any way that I can append data everymonth in particular table ?

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

You can try to duplicate  the old query  before the next refresh time then you can uncheck the option "include in report refresh"  to disable the refresh of this copy data . Then you can append them as a new query.

98.png

97.png

You also can refer to this related thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Adding-daily-data-to-historical-table/m-p/863993

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

It is only possible if the folder from where sharepoint pulls data is stores previous months data in different file name.

Another option, You might need to try Incremental refresh.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-incremental-refresh

Otherwise, If that folder has only this file and if it is getting updated then you might not be able to get old records.

Did I resolve your issue? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!

Regards,
Pranit

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile
FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

yes, you can do it with Power Query. Save your files in a folder and use query that extracts the data from all files inside this folder.

14-08-_2020_23-40-30.png

Regards FrankAT

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.