cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAIGREAT Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Create button to switch report tabs

Iam new to power bi. i have this doubt in doing buttons.

How to create button for months? For example, iam going to create two button as NEXT and PREVIOUS . In next button , Default month should be chart of january 2018 . if i click that next button again,  it has to show chart of feb 2018 only not any other month  and vice versa for all months.  Now i have April 2018 chart in display , if i click previous it has to show march 2018 only not feb or jan. 

In this requirement, iam able to do for two months jan and feb, but i need this to happen for all the months .

PowerBSer Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Create button to switch report tabs

I believe there are many approaches which may be taken.  Here are a few.

You could make a separate tab for each month, using date filters at page level, then either use buttons and bookmarks on each tab which skip to the next tab, or just export the report as a powerpoint presentation.

Another, more forward compatible approach would be to have one tab for each report layout then use the side filter-pane, make and when you view the report through the Power BI service you can use the side filter pane (even in full-screen view) and select each month as you need it to be displayed, instead of click a next button.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 412 members 4,192 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: