cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Talvien Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Create button to switch report tabs

In a tutorial on how to create visual stunning reports in Power BI which was posted in Power BI blog recently i saw a custom made menu to switch between differen report tabs. The menu was build out of different elements but the speaker didn't tell how he linked the tabs to the elements and made them clickable. Any ideas on how he did this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Create button to switch report tabs

@Talvien Sounds like @Mykhael's report. From what I recall, this isn't an actual slicer that can navigate page to page. I think it is a trick he uses to help guide the user to know where they are when using the publish to web feature where you can't see the tabs. So as you click on the tabs the menu changes to reflect the same name as the tab.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ashishrj Senior Member

@Talvien If its possible for you to put the link here as well in comment so that we can also see and clarify your doubt ?

Super User
Super User

@Talvien Sounds like @Mykhael's report. From what I recall, this isn't an actual slicer that can navigate page to page. I think it is a trick he uses to help guide the user to know where they are when using the publish to web feature where you can't see the tabs. So as you click on the tabs the menu changes to reflect the same name as the tab.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

Sean Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I seriously doubt they'll implement this into the Desktop any time soon.

As I mentioned in this post...

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Page-Navigation/m-p/30459/highlight/true#M10366

The reason being - they want us to use the PBI Service!

And in the Service - clicking the Tiles in a Dashboard takes you to the different Pages.

Then again I could (and hope to) be wrong.

SabineOussi Established Member
Established Member

Bringing an old topic up!

Actually when you click on a tile in a dashboard, it takes you to the report page. Is there a way it can take me to another tile/page within the same dashboard.

In my case what I do is pin live pages.

I currently need to have something similar to a homepage on which the user clicks on the title of their choice and it redirects them to the related page of the dashboard.

Consider it as a powerpoint presentation and subtitles are hyperlinked to their specific pages.

So it's like a button click event.

Is that feasible in PBI?

irmat Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@SabineOussi

The only way I can think of is to do this via web URL.

pschommer Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I'm thinking of doing something similar to what you describe: A series of pinned live pages with a "menu" tile at the beginning allowing users to jump to the proper pinned live page. I don't know if this is possible unless each page has its own URL.

Did you ever come up with something that would work?

If you have more than a handful of pinned pages, there is just too much scrolling for this to be a viable solution.

A tabbed dashboard interface - instead of tiles or pages - would be much preferred.

Disclaimer: I'm about a month into PBI; still learning.

khushboo_dixit Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I think you are referring to chiclet slicer, it's a custom visual that you can import from office store.

khushboo_dixit Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I think what you are referring to is - chiclet slicer, it's a custom visual available on office store.

Ishanm959 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

,Re: Create button to switch report tabs

Hi,

In the latest PowerBI release you will find the "Bookmarks Pane" under Views tab. 
Create a bookmark for the reports and the list of bookmarks appear on the right Pane in PowerBI Desktop

and you can toggle between dfferent reports using image links too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 251 members 3,072 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: