Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

twister8889
Helper V
Helper V

Create blank column to divide values into matrix table

Hi guys, 

I have a dataset that contains, current values (past and present month) and the forecast month, these information are divided by a column flag Current/Future. I created two matrix tables, and for each, I choose a flag Current/Future, but I would like just one table, and insert a blank column to divide the values Current and Future, it's possible?

This is my

ProductMonthCurrent/FutureValues
Aago110
Bago15
Cago12
Dago14
Aset12
Bset14
Cset15
Dset16
Aout250
Bout260
Cout245
Dout220

Expected result: Insert the blank column to separate Current and futere values.

Productago set out
A102 50
B54 60
C25 45
D46 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @twister8889 ,

I updated my sample pbix file(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

1. Pivot: use the names in column "Month" to create new columns (Values: Values column) in Power Query Editor

yingyinr_0-1632905837883.png

2. Add custom column in Power Query Editor

yingyinr_1-1632905880641.png

3. Create visual as shown in the below screenshot

yingyinr_2-1632906131381.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@twister8889 , Not very clear .

A new column

COlumn = "/"

or

Column = blank()

First of all, thank you for your answer..

I have a measure for example Sum(Values), for month columns (Aug, September) with the flag 1 and the same measure for october is 2.
So, I would like to insert the blank column between end flags with value 1 and begin
flag value 2

Hi @twister8889 ,

I created a sample pbix file(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

yingyinr_1-1631760093212.png

If the above one is not your expected result, please provide more details(include calculation logic and expected result with screenshot) on your requirement. Thank you.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

First of all, thank you for your answer..

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

I need to have just one column with logical to Current and Future Values, and I need to put one blank column to separate Current and Futures Values, like the image belowBlank column.png

Hi @twister8889 ,

I updated my sample pbix file(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

1. Pivot: use the names in column "Month" to create new columns (Values: Values column) in Power Query Editor

yingyinr_0-1632905837883.png

2. Add custom column in Power Query Editor

yingyinr_1-1632905880641.png

3. Create visual as shown in the below screenshot

yingyinr_2-1632906131381.png

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.