Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmckinney
Helper IV
Helper IV

Create a tooltip showing date of hovered data point

Hi, I am trying to make it so the date of the data point that I hover over is shown in the tooltip. This is what I have so far: 

Tooltip07222020.png

As you can see it shows many data points. I need the tool tip to only show the data point marked. This is to show when the fastest/slowest test occurred. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak 

Thank you for the reply. I had previously read that article and it helped me get to where I am. However, I am still stuck on getting the corresponding date to display for the data point that is hovered. Can you help with that?

@cmckinney  I guess you are using custom tooltip in your dashboard. In your case, I guess your tooltip is meeting criteria for more than one value. That is why it is showing multiple values. Your tooltip visual should meet the filtering criteria. If you can share the snapshot of your custom visual with filters, willhave a look at it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

@negi007 

Here is a screenshot of the custom tooltip that I made. Let me know if you need more info.

Tooltip07232020.png

Hi @cmckinney 

Are the columns used in matrix visual and in tooltip page from the same table?

I find you have two tables with some similar columns.

If they are from different tables, please create proper relationships between two tables, or please add columns from the same table into visuals.

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-juanli-msft 

Thank you. Your advice has pushed me in the right direction. 

I was able to get it to work on the most of the columns on the table but not the column that I need the tooltip on. The screenshot below is what the tool tip is supposed to look like:

1.png

The tooltip does not work on the "Fastest" and "Slowest" columns. see screenshot below:

2.png

Here is the actual page that I created the tooltip on:

3.png

Here is the "measure switch" information. Something might need to be added to this measure. 

4.png

Does that help at all with providing a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.