Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a tenure column from two different tables using calendar date slicer.

Hi, i've following issue in power bi. Here are the details.

Issue: Capturing the date from a date slicer and using the selected value and use it for tenure. 
I have two date table. One is calendar date table and another one is Employee_Hire_date.

I have to calculate tenure for each date column. I'm using following sql for this. I want to implement this on power BI but i'm facing issue as these two table are not joined with each other. I want the ans in column respective to each hire date.

Tenure = (Calendar(date)-Employee_Hire_date)/365.23

Its not giving me right tenure count since these two tables are not connected. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As we know, the data in calculated column is not dynamic based on the selected values in a slicer. So we can create measure to work on it. 

Tenure = var _date=SELECTEDVALUE('calendar'[Date])-MAX('Table1'[date])
return
IF(_date>0,_date/365.23,BLANK())

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As we know, the data in calculated column is not dynamic based on the selected values in a slicer. So we can create measure to work on it. 

Tenure = var _date=SELECTEDVALUE('calendar'[Date])-MAX('Table1'[date])
return
IF(_date>0,_date/365.23,BLANK())

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the solution. It really works. But in this case i have to calculate the average of the resulted output. And i'm not able to do it using average function as it is in measure.

Could you please provide a solution where i can calculate the average of the resulted measure as i want to display the value in advance card?

Hi @Anonymous ,

To create another new measure.

Measure =
SUMX ( Table1, [Tenure] )
    / CALCULATE (
        DISTINCTCOUNT ( Table1[Employee_Hire] ),
        FILTER ( Table1, [Tenure] <> BLANK () )
    )

2.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I tried to use this dax but it's giving me wrong count. My employee headcount is a measure hence i used it but its giving me wrong count. I think i've to filter it by employee ids. Could you check it once?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.