Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a table summarised by a by a column

Morning,

I have a table in Power BI which shows number of days outside SLA, and the associate IDs that go with each case. 

At the moment, my table shows every single case individually. In excel, the pivot function allows you to summarise the number of days into groups, so the user can expand and then see the associated IDs. 

Because [No. days outside SLA] is a calculated field, I can't seem to create a heirarchy, and also I am on the November release of Power BI without much table/matrix functionality. 

Is there any way I can replicate the Pivot in Power BI?Example Data.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use a Matrix to display a similar output.

1.PNG

Turn off "Step layout" and turn on "+/- icons" under "Row Headers" pane.

2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Yuliana, @v-yulgu-msft

Attached screenshot is what I get when I apply the same rules as you. Could it be that I am using the November release of Power BI and you are using the most up-to-date? Or am I missing something?

Jemma Robot Indifferent

Example BI.png

Hi @Anonymous,

Make sure you have turned on "+/- icons" under "Row headers". If there is no such an option in your desktop, please update it to the latest version.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.