Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dennes
Frequent Visitor

Create a string tooltip with total

Hi,

I'm trying to create a measure to be used as a tooltip in a treemap. The tooltip should show a list of the top 5 sub-items with a total.

For example, each tree item in the chart is a state. The tooltip should show the 5 top cities in the state and the total value for each city. 

I'm able to show the top 5 cities, but I couldn't build the expression to include the total values.

I used the following expression:

Principais Partidos = 
var PartidosCount= DISTINCTCOUNT(deputados[siglaPartido])
Return
if (PartidosCount >5;
CONCATENATEX(TOPN(5;TOPN(5;Summarize(deputados;deputados[siglaPartido];"Total";Count(deputados[id]));[Total];DESC));[siglaPartido];", ";[Total];DESC) & " e mais";
CONCATENATEX(Summarize(deputados;deputados[siglaPartido];"Total";Count(deputados[id]));deputados[siglaPartido];", "))

Captura de Tela (49).png

I would like the result to also contain the total of each item, like this: PSDB (#), PT(#), PRB (#), PR (#), DEM (#)

How can I achieve this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Dennes wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to create a measure to be used as a tooltip in a treemap. The tooltip should show a list of the top 5 sub-items with a total.

For example, each tree item in the chart is a state. The tooltip should show the 5 top cities in the state and the total value for each city. 

I'm able to show the top 5 cities, but I couldn't build the expression to include the total values.

Principais Partidos = 
Return
if (PartidosCount >5;
CONCATENATEX(TOPN(5;TOPN(5;Summarize(deputados;deputados[siglaPartido];"Total";Count(deputados[id]));[Total];DESC));[siglaPartido];", ";[Total];DESC) & " e mais";
CONCATENATEX(Summarize(deputados;deputados[siglaPartido];"Total";Count(deputados[id]));deputados[siglaPartido];", "))

Captura de Tela (49).png

I would like the result to also contain the total of each item, like this: PSDB (#), PT(#), PRB (#), PR (#), DEM (#)

How can I achieve this?

Thank you!

@Dennes

See my attached demo.

Measure =
VAR summizedTable =
    SUMMARIZE (
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ),
        'Table'[city],
        "total sales", SUM ( 'Table'[sales] )
    )
VAR Top3 =
    TOPN ( 3, summizedTable, [total sales], DESC )
RETURN
    CONCATENATEX (
        Top3,
        'Table'[city] & CONCATENATE ( "(", [total sales] )
            & ")",
        ","
    )

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Dennes wrote:

Hi,

Principais Partidos = 
Return
if (PartidosCount >5;

Captura de Tela (49).png

How can I achieve this?

Thank you!

@Dennes

See my attached demo.

Measure =
VAR summizedTable =
    SUMMARIZE (
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ),
        'Table'[city],
        "total sales", SUM ( 'Table'[sales] )
    )
VAR Top3 =
    TOPN ( 3, summizedTable, [total sales], DESC )
RETURN
    CONCATENATEX (
        Top3,
        'Table'[city] & CONCATENATE ( "(", [total sales] )
            & ")",
        ","
    )

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.