Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a query of unique references from three tables

I import three tables that all contain a UniquRef. I want to be able to create a query that gives me all of the UniqueRef's from all of the three tables in one column then grouped so as to have just one instance.

I have tried to create (created querys to get my three tables down to one column of UniqueRefs) a New Table using UNION but I am then unable to query this New Table to group the resultant UniqueRef.

Can you point me in the right direction, I feel Im perhaps approaching this all wrong

As always, your patience and advice is greatly received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Please try this solution, click the thumbs just for me helping you and click solved if it fixes your problems. Cheers !

• Go into edit mode by clicking on Home > Transform Date >Transform Data
  • Click Append Queries >Append Queries as new> Three or more tables > and then add all 3 Available tables to Tables to append.
  • In the new table, right click the Ref column > Remove other columns.
  • In the new table, right click the Ref column > Remove duplicates.
  • Voila ... you now have a unqiue list of Refs.

There are other ways to answer your problem, but the trick here is to use Append and Remove Duplicates, rather than Group.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks speedramps. Have a great weekend, I will......now !!

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Please try this solution, click the thumbs just for me helping you and click solved if it fixes your problems. Cheers !

• Go into edit mode by clicking on Home > Transform Date >Transform Data
  • Click Append Queries >Append Queries as new> Three or more tables > and then add all 3 Available tables to Tables to append.
  • In the new table, right click the Ref column > Remove other columns.
  • In the new table, right click the Ref column > Remove duplicates.
  • Voila ... you now have a unqiue list of Refs.

There are other ways to answer your problem, but the trick here is to use Append and Remove Duplicates, rather than Group.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.