Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fair-UL
Helper II
Helper II

Create a pareto of percent defect per category

Can anyone help with the appropriate DAX to solve this. 

I have this data

project#defect typeqty
1a3
1b1
1c1
1a2
1a1
1a1
1b2
2a1
2b1
2b1
2b2
2c1
2a3
2c1
2a1
2c1

I need to create a stacked bar graph to show percent defect per category a,b,c per each project. I used Dax and it gives me on the stacked bar graph 100% all the time. I am unable to allow it to consider the denimator as the whole number of instances per project 1 or 2. 

I did it in excel for simplification. I used pivot to count #defects per quantity by each defect type and divided over total sum of

a7
b3
c1
a5
b4
c3

this is what i want to graph (i can use stacked bar in pbi)

project 1project 2
a64%42%
b27%33%
c9%25%

Capture.JPG

I appreciate the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Fair-UL here is the measure

% = DIVIDE ( SUM ( 'Table'[qty] ), CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[qty] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[project#] ) ) )

here is the output

image.png

here is how you do it

image.png

I would 💖 Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped. If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try like

divide(sum(Table[Qty]),calculate(sum(Table[Qty]),allexcept(Table[defect type])))

I used this same dax before but with Count and ALL, was not correct

now I used yours but I changed the ALLEXCEPT to ALL and it gave me the graph I need. Thank you so much @amitchandak 

@Fair-UL here is the measure

% = DIVIDE ( SUM ( 'Table'[qty] ), CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[qty] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[project#] ) ) )

here is the output

image.png

here is how you do it

image.png

I would 💖 Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped. If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you @parry2k I used the same DAX with ALL not ALLEXCEPT as I had multiple layer drilldown in the stacked bar chart and I used all those columns for unfiltering the denominator. Thanks again, the graphs are great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.