Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jonnyA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Create a new measure that has a caluclated measure

Hello, 

I am trying to create a new measure with another calculated measure I created.

Here is Demo data that I was given that works and I am trying to create a measure like the one that is highlighted, but see how in the demo data the Group % has the sum "E" icon ?  So in the demo data, there is not issues when creating the measure ... 

jonnyA_0-1621005539522.png

Now lets go to the real data ... my "Group %" aka "

Group Average (Ignore Degree) = IF (
ISFILTERED (Table_Charge_Dataset[Provider_Degree]), CALCULATE([Group Average], REMOVEFILTERS(Table_Charge_Dataset[Provider_Degree])), [Group Average]) ... *Shown as # of Grand Total ... which has the calculator icon which gives me issues when trying to create the sample measure I highlighted above.
jonnyA_1-1621005816867.png

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jonnyA ,

If you just don't know how to sum a measure, please use SUMX function like this:

Sum_Group% = SUMX('Table', [Group%])

image.png

The Group% is a measure, the formula is:

Group% = SUM('Table'[Column1])

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jonnyA , expected output is not clear

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

If you need % of over all avg try like

Group Average (Ignore Degree) =Divide( [Group Average], CALCULATE([Group Average], REMOVEFILTERS(Table_Charge_Dataset[Provider_Degree])))

This is sample data that I am trying to get work on my actual data ... The only difference might be is that I would want my table to show all "Provider %'s", even the ones that arent 10% above or Below the group average.  See bottom screen shot)

Here are the measures being used in the sample data ... 

Measure = sum('Table'[Group%])
Measure 2 = IF(MAX('Table'[%RT])<'Table'[Measure]*0.9,1,
IF(MAX('Table'[%RT])>'Table'[Measure]*1.1,2,BLANK()))

jonnyA_0-1621010151242.png

Here is my data ... 

jonnyA_1-1621010323640.png

If i were to use the measures for the demo data i have an issue creating "Measure = sum('Table'[Group%])" because Group% has the sum E in front of it, but in my real data the "Group%" is a measure I created, i.e has the calulcator icon.

Here is the formula i am using for the column titled "Group %" ...

Group Average (Ignore Degree) = IF (
ISFILTERED (Table_Charge_Dataset[Provider_Degree]), CALCULATE([Group Average], REMOVEFILTERS(Table_Charge_Dataset[Provider_Degree])), [Group Average]) ... I should mention Group % is also shown as "Percent of Grand Total" in the table.

Hi @jonnyA ,

If you just don't know how to sum a measure, please use SUMX function like this:

Sum_Group% = SUMX('Table', [Group%])

image.png

The Group% is a measure, the formula is:

Group% = SUM('Table'[Column1])

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.