Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ellengrace2293
Frequent Visitor

Create a measure showing the ID matching another measure's result

I've plotted a measure with the max value of each timestep. In the tooltips, I would like to include the ID with the max value (which will likely change for each timestep and as data is filtered). Below shows my line chart and a table with the same data. Let me know if I need to provide more information and thanks for any help.Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ellengrace2293,

You may refer to the measure below.

Measure =
VAR f =
    MAX ( Table1[flow] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( Table1[ID], 1 ), Table1[flow] = f )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

The easiest way is probably to create a column that ranks each item within the time period, then return the max id for each time period. It is possible to do it all within one measure, however having several nested iterators may get very slow depending on your data.

Thank you for the response! Isn't the value essentially the ranking? I unfortunately can't create new IDs, if that's what you mean. I am fine with the nested iterators, if you don't mind sharing.

@ellengrace2293,

You may refer to the measure below.

Measure =
VAR f =
    MAX ( Table1[flow] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( Table1[ID], 1 ), Table1[flow] = f )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.