Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

François
Helper I
Helper I

Create a measure despite the table joins

I have this model :

DATE --> ACTIVITIES

We use the date table to apply a filter on the start date of all activities.

My problem is that I need to also calculated the schedule activities, which have NO start date, I need to use another date column (scheduleddate). So the table link is excluding them all from the calculation, and I have get a null result. 

Is there anyway to do the calculation, without keeping the date constraint ? Thanks !

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @François

"So the table link is excluding them all from the calculation, and I have get a null result. " 

I don't understand this, could you clear me?

do you want this output?

9.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie

Almost that. We have a date in one of the two columns actually. So the solution provided here is good, we test which column is filled and use the value in a next column that can be used to link the date table. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @François,

You could create a calculate column in Activities table:

MyDate =
IF (
    ACTIVITIES[StartDate] = BLANK (),
    ACTIVITIES[scheduleddate],
    ACTIVITIES[StartDate]
)

Then you can connect date table to activities table by MyDate.

Chiara

Hi Chiara, yes, i thought that it could be possible indeed, that's a confirmation. I was wondering if it was possible with a function in the measure maybe. But I can definitely try this solution otherwise, thank you !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.