Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a map showing data on different bubbles

I have a data set which looks like as in the picture. I want to show the Net $(order) by different Bill to Party on the same map like the Net $ of 1611685 should be in yellow and other bill to party's in different colour. When I tried to add bill to party in the legend field it created with different colours but in the same bubble as shown in the picture. All I wanted is to show them as different coloured bubbles.

DataTable.PNGMap.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, what you could do is to pick a specific city for each bill to party in each state. So, let's take Ohio for example. You could essentially "assign" Bill to Party 1 to Columbus, 2 to Cleveland and 3 to Cincinnati let's say. You could create a custom column that essentially adds the correct city to your Region field based upon the state. Then you could geo-code that column and you would end up with 3 different bubbles, 1 for each Bill to Party and they would be different colors, etc.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yeah, that's kind of how that visualization works. You might want to try the ESRI visual or a custom visual.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Greg_Deckler

I tries the ESRI visual all I could get is within the same bubbleMap2.PNG

I guess the question I have is what are you expecting? It seems like you have multiple things sold in the same city for different "Bill to Party"'s. If you only had a single "Bill to Party" per city, then the bubbles would be different colors but since you have multiple then the visualization has to figure out a way to display that fact. How would you prefer that it display the information?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @Greg_Deckler there are multiple Bill to Party's with in the same city . I need a way to show the different bill to party's over the country in different coloured bubbles. For Example, Lets take Texas which has 3 different bill to party's A, B and C. I want to show the Net $ amount of A in blue bubble, B in grenn bubble and C in red bubble. Not all within the same bubble like in the ESRI map.

OK, what you could do is to pick a specific city for each bill to party in each state. So, let's take Ohio for example. You could essentially "assign" Bill to Party 1 to Columbus, 2 to Cleveland and 3 to Cincinnati let's say. You could create a custom column that essentially adds the correct city to your Region field based upon the state. Then you could geo-code that column and you would end up with 3 different bubbles, 1 for each Bill to Party and they would be different colors, etc.

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler to be honest i still don't know how to show two separate bubbles in the same location instead of piechart. I've prepared sample dataset. Could you help? 

2021-03-26 16_45_29-sample_map_chart - Power BI Desktop.png

2021-03-26 16_45_49-sample_map_chart - Power BI Desktop.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Greg_Deckler 

This would be the solution if I view it on state level right. Because there is drill down option in my graph where the state level gets drilled down to city level.

Use zip code?

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.