Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LilMurph
Frequent Visitor

Create a link to a local PDF

Hi everyone

I am looking to create a link in my powerBI report that when clicked on opens a PDF file that is stored locally. I've been doing some research and I am not sure if it is possible, but if it is, would someone please be able to explain how?

Cheers

LilMurph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LilMurph , you need to pdf on some shared location to use a downloadable link. Like one drive, share point, drop box etc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LilMurph , you need to pdf on some shared location to use a downloadable link. Like one drive, share point, drop box etc

Okay thanks, if I get them moved to OneDrive, how do I go about linking them in? Copy the link URL and change its data category to Web URL? Then when the link is clicked it will open?

@LilMurph , check your sharing setting when loading there. The link should open the file directly without login(if you want), Test the link directly on some browser. If that is opening without redirect, you should be able to add it to a column and mark it as a web URL

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.