Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shankulk
Regular Visitor

Create a drill down on stacked chart

Hi,

I have some sample data as shown:

SiteReadyNot ReadyTrainingBreakOther
A78%22%0%5%16%
B57%43%0%6%37%
C56%44%0%1%43%
D94%6%0%0%6%

Where 'Site': Call Center Site,

Ready: % of time agents are in a ready state

Not Ready: % of time agents are in a not ready state (further broken down by 'Training', 'Break' and 'Other' states)

I want to show a stacked graph that shows a proportion of time in Ready vs Not Ready State; and when drilled down on Not Ready, it should show proportions of Training, Break and Other states. The Excel equivalent of this would be a pie of a pie chart, but I am stuck when I try to do this in PowerBI. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @shankulk

First, You may try to use 'New hierarchy' for 'Not Ready' Column.

2.png

Then use 'Add to hierarchy' for 'Trainning','Break‘,'Other' columns to add the 3 columns to 'Not ready' hierarchy.

3.png

Last, drag the columns as below:

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
shankulk
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have some sample data as shown:

SiteReadyNot ReadyTrainingBreakOther
A78%22%0%5%16%
B57%43%0%6%37%
C56%44%0%1%43%
D94%6%0%0%6%

Where 'Site': Call Center Site,

Ready: % of time agents are in a ready state

Not Ready: % of time agents are in a not ready state (further broken down by 'Training', 'Break' and 'Other' states)

I want to show a stacked graph that shows a proportion of time in Ready vs Not Ready State; and when drilled down on Not Ready, it should show proportions of Training, Break and Other states. The Excel equivalent of this would be a pie of a pie chart, but I am stuck when I try to do this in PowerBI. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi @shankulk

First, You may try to use 'New hierarchy' for 'Not Ready' Column.

2.png

Then use 'Add to hierarchy' for 'Trainning','Break‘,'Other' columns to add the 3 columns to 'Not ready' hierarchy.

3.png

Last, drag the columns as below:

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.