Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a custom filter for a table based on metric

Hi,

I've got a table that looks kind of like this:

Product IDViews

What I want to have in my report is a table that gives me all the products IDs, that are over the average of views, into which only values over 100 are counted

So in the end, I want this:

Product ID

because the average of the values above 100 is 417 and these two are the only ones above.

I hope I made my problem clear, I'm aware of the fact that it seems really specific Smiley LOL

Thanks,

Leon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Create a measure to determine the Average views above 100.

Average Views Above 100 = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(MyTable[Views]),FILTER(ALL(MyTable),MyTable[Views] > 100))

Then create a measure to determine whether the View value in a row is greater than the measure created above:

View Greater Than Average = IF(MAX(MyTable[Views]) > [Average Views Above 100],1,0)

Then add the measure 'View Greater Than Average' as a Visual level filter to the table and check for the value '1'.
You should get the desired results.

Regards,
Chetan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I've got a table that looks kind of like this:
Product ID Views
1 500
2 300
3 450
4 30
5 20

What I want to have in my report is a table that gives me all the products IDs, that are over the average of views, into which only values over 100 are counted

So in the end, I want this:

Product ID

because the average of the values above 100 is 417 and these two are the only ones above.

I hope I made my problem clear, I'm aware of the fact that it seems really specific Smiley LOL

Thanks,

Leon

Why Product ID 3 is not in the count column? Could you share more details about the logic?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft yes I'm sorry, very dumb to make a mistake when you want to explain something difficult.. What the output should actually look like is this: 

Product ID

because the average of all the products that have over 100 views is 417, therefore Product 2 wouldn't be in the list, but Product 3 would. Hope you understand better now.

Thanks,

Leon

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Create a measure to determine the Average views above 100.

Average Views Above 100 = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(MyTable[Views]),FILTER(ALL(MyTable),MyTable[Views] > 100))

Then create a measure to determine whether the View value in a row is greater than the measure created above:

View Greater Than Average = IF(MAX(MyTable[Views]) > [Average Views Above 100],1,0)

Then add the measure 'View Greater Than Average' as a Visual level filter to the table and check for the value '1'.
You should get the desired results.

Regards,
Chetan

Anonymous
Not applicable

That worked perfectly.

Thank you guys for helping!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

Easiest way for you to do is dragging Views value to your visual level filter, and filter views greater than 100. See pictures below

test.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.