Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joep78
Helper III
Helper III

Create a custom MACC graph

Hi all,

I'm looking for a graph that represents a MACC graph (marginal abatement cost curves). The issue is to adjust the width of the elements on the x-axis (the width per element is determined based on the size of a certain number). I see some examples in Excel (custom build reports).

MACC example excel.png

Is there any graph whereby you can adjust the format as above example or is this not possible within PowerBI? 

Hopefully anybody can help me, thanks in advance for your response!

Regards,

Joep

8 REPLIES 8
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @joep78,

DiscoverEI sell a Marginal Cost Curve visual via their website - there's also a sample report on the page where you can see it working (and the purchase includes a downloadable copy of that report).

By way of transparency, I have assisted with developing this particular visual, so I have some vested interest in it, but I'm also an advocate of self-service visualisation tools within Power BI, such as Charticulator. It would be possible to manage something similar to your requirements with Charticulator, should you wish to attempt it.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response, I see the report and this is what I'm looking for, unfortunately my budget does not allow this purchase but now I see it's possible to build in via Charticulator so thanks for this link. 

Hi Joep, 

Could you make the visual that you criated available here in the community?
Regards

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I am not sure if there is an existing visual, but this could be created with the Charticulator visual.

(15) Austin Power BI User Group - Charticulator 101 - YouTube

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hi Pat,

Yhanks for your feedback, I did some investigation in Charticulator and it should be possible, hopefully I can find the time to build it in this Visual. Thanks again. 

zhandos
Frequent Visitor

@joep78  Hi. any luck? got same problem

Hi Zhandos,

No, unfortunately no solution yet. 

Hi @joep78 , I followed this article and created visual via R. Hope this helps you.https://radacad.com/variable-width-column-chart-writing-r-codes-inside-power-bi-part-4

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.