Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HANA
Helper I
Helper I

Create a comparaison report based on the same table

Hello,

I have already ask some question. But i need your advice conserning a complex report.

There is what I want to do :

123.PNG

My problem is more complex because I have several column and 2 Millions lign. I tried to simpliy my problem.

Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Dan80
Helper II
Helper II

Import the data table twice via power query.
In the first table, duplicate year column and minus one from the year (this is to use as a last year reference later).
Still in first table, merge the second table using a full outer join using the year-1 column, month, supplier and country.
Select cost data to merge and this will give you current year and last year cost side by side for exactly the same scenario, if there wasn't the scenario, either this year or last year, null will be returned.
Let us know how you go
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@HANA

In this scenario, if you want to show the existing "Supplier" on both periods, it should show "M2" for "2015-1" and "2016-1". When you selelect "2015-1" and "2016-1" in slicer, it will filter all corresponding Supplier records for these two periods. We can filter the Suppliers with Cost for both periods. However, it's not possible to have records "aggregate" on Supplier level and split all costs into different columns. We can onlly CONCATENATEX() those costs into single column.

787.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.