Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ahmed_Habib
Helper III
Helper III

Create a column with one distinct value from Matrix

Hey everyone,

Bellow I have a Matrix that is filtered by May. I have shown what I want and I have currently. What I want to do is I want to take the top most hiearchial value which in this case is 10% and create a new column in my Matrix that would include that one distint value in the column next to it. Say I filter to June and the value is 11% I want all the values in the column to say 11%. Eventually the goal is to conditional format between the two fields. Is this possible?

What I have:

May 
  Toronto Region10%
    Peel11%
      Store 121%
      Store 232%

What I want:

May  
  Toronto Region10%10%
    Peel11%10%
      Store 121%10%
      Store 232%10%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ahmed_Habib if that is a measure, try this

Measure 3 = CALCULATE ( [% Measure],  ALLEXCEPT( 'Table', 'Table'[Region] ) )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Ahmed_Habib create a measure 

Region Measure = 
CALCULATE( [Your % Measure], ALL ( Table[Region] ) )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Sorry Parry there is no create function? Did you mean calculate?

Unfortunately it does not work. It just duplicates the values from the left side to the right side?

@Ahmed_Habib sorry not sure why I typed create, yes calculate, can you share your existing measure and also how you seeing it in matrix visual. What is on rows, what is on columns.

Ahmed_Habib_0-1594845108703.png

Hi Parry i have crossed off sensitive data. But i basically need that 0.010% next to every value on the right side. Note this value changes as monthly filters occur.

FYI that ratio value is a measure so it does not live in a distinct column

@Ahmed_Habib so what happened if you use the measure I posted earlier.

When I use your DAX script it just copies all the values on the left and puts them on the right. It does not display that one distinct value of 10%

@Ahmed_Habib also provide more information, I asked few questions, you just shared the screenshot and that was not answer to my questions? What is the measure? What you have on row/columns?

The measure is just dividing the Value 1/ Value 2.

Hi Perry, 

My appologies I missed that. In the rows It broken down to 3 levels(Region, District, Branch Name). I have no columns, I just have the three values you see.

@Ahmed_Habib are those measures? the column we are talking about is a measure? if yes, what is the expression? Or it is just a straight sum of columns? Oh man why it is so hard. sorry don't know how to help if I don't get the info I'm looking for

Value 1 = TOTALYTD(SUM(Column1_Reference),DimDate[Year Month],ALL(DimDate),"10/31")
Value 2 = is just sum of a column2_reference 
Ratio = Value 1/Value 2

@Ahmed_Habib if that is a measure, try this

Measure 3 = CALCULATE ( [% Measure],  ALLEXCEPT( 'Table', 'Table'[Region] ) )

HUGEEEE SUCESS YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER THANK YOU ❤️ 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.