Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aagrawal124
Frequent Visitor

Create a column that shows 1 or 0 whether an 'End Date' column is the maximum 'End Date'.

Hi All,

This might be pretty simple, but I am really struggling to achieve this:

I have a TestCase Detail dataset in Power BI having the below columns. There are other columns also, which I have not shown.

Capture.PNG

There are a number of Test cases(TestCaseId column) which are run for a number of Projects(Projects column). Projects might have a particular TestCase run many times. I need to find that record(that particular run) which is having the latest EndDate for that TestCase and for that Project. So I have created a column Flag , which will be 0 or 1 based on whether that record is having the lastest EndDate or not. And accordingly, (whichever record is having Flag as 1, I need to pick up the Status for that record)

Flag = IF(TestDetail_db[EndDate] =CALCULATE(MAX(TestDetail_db[EndDate]),ALLEXCEPT(TestDetail_db,TestDetail_db[TestCaseId])),1,0)

Now the problem is : In the visualization, I have a project slicer, which probably is not getting cleared even even I am selecting all (probably because of ALLEXCEPT function), and is not showing me the result properly.

Example - For Project A, if there are 10 records,(out of which 1 test case repeated 3 times, i.e 3 runs), then there should be ideally 8 records with value in Flag , and 2 records with value 0.  And I should be knowing that I need to pick up the statuses of those having Flag as 1.

Now if a same TestCaseId (that was also present in Project A), is also present in Project B, it looks like my Flag is not giving what I am looking for.

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Capture1.PNG

Regards,

Ayushi

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aagrawal124 ,

Is it convenient to share your .pbix file? Or give a data table which is easy to copy.  I want to test your  problem.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @aagrawal124 ,

Very difficult to understanf from your data.

Try  a measure like this .

Try troubleshooting . Uncomment the IF part and see if value of a is returning the MAX Date per Test cAse ID.

Flag =
VAR a =
    CALCULATE (
        MAX ( TestDetail_db[EndDate] ),
        ALLEXCEPT (
            TestDetail_db,
            TestDetail_db[TestCaseId]
        )
    )
RETURN
    IF (
        MAX ( TestDetail_db[EndDate] ) = a,
    )

Regards,
Harsh Nathani

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.