cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jomikk
Helper I
Helper I

Create a chart from two or more tables with custom filter

Hi, apologies for a newbie question, but just started to use Power BI.

So my challenge is that I have data from two or more tables, and I want to show that data in a chart with a custom filter.

So say I have two tables, "A" and "B". When both "A" and "B" is selected in the custom filter I want the numbers to add up to a total of the two.

But when only "A" or "B" is selected, then of course only show the numbers for the corresponding table.

The chart I had in mind was a bar chart or stacked bar chart, where each of the stacks should be "A" or "B".

Hope this was understandable!

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jomikk,

For your requirement, you can add a custom column to get the table count.

7.PNG8.PNG

Save and apply the changes, then write a measure to summary the column of table.
After above steps you can use slicer and measure to calculate the total selected table rows.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jomikk,

For your requirement, you can add a custom column to get the table count.

7.PNG8.PNG

Save and apply the changes, then write a measure to summary the column of table.
After above steps you can use slicer and measure to calculate the total selected table rows.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Top Solution Authors