Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FuzzyYabs
Frequent Visitor

Create a calculation based on two tables

Hello Power Bi Gurus! 

Would need your help on something. 

I currently have two tables, Revenue Individual (1) and Revenue Collection (2). I need these two tables to create a third table, Revenue Rate (3). 

The formula for the third table is a  follow: 

Rev Rate = indivudual Revenue on the month / total 12months Revenue Collection (fixed 12months not dynamic)

You can see from the image below. 

Nov 2017 rate = 179 / Sum (Nov 2017 to Oct 2018)

Dec 2017 rate = 117 / Sum (Nov 2017 to Oct 2018)

Revenue.JPG

as any of you could have guessed, there is a specific 12months. And that 12months sum will be used to calculate the rate. 

can anyone teach me how to do this?  Currently have no clue on how to. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @FuzzyYabs 

Please check the measures in attachment.

AC Power Rate = 
DIVIDE (
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Individual[Amount] ), Individual[Department] = "AC POWER" ),
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Total[Total] ),
        FILTER (
            ALL ( Total ),
            Total[Department Total] = "AC POWER"
                && Total[Date] <> "NOV C18"
        )
    )
)

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @FuzzyYabs 

You may transpose the two tables in query editor.Then you may create measures and use matrix visual to get the rate.Attached the simplified sample for your reference.

1.png

SumRevenueCollection = SUMX('Revenue Collection','Revenue Collection'[Revenue Collection])
Revenue Rate = SUM('Revenue Individual'[Revenue Individual])/[SumRevenueCollection]

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-cherch-msft

Thank yuo! but I think I would like to apologize for this but I think I have vaguely used the term table. 

Tables 1 and 2 are two visualizations. 

Table 1 was created using "Individual" as row and "Months" as columns.

Likewise, Table 2 was created using "Total Revenue" as row and "Months" as columns.

Hi @FuzzyYabs 

You may just create the measures as below.If it is not your case,please share the .pbix sample file for us to provide an accurate solution.You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

SumRevenueCollection = SUMX('Revenue Collection','Revenue Collection'[Revenue Collection])
Revenue Rate = SUM('Revenue Individual'[Revenue Individual])/[SumRevenueCollection]

Regards,

Cherie

Hello @v-cherch-msft ,

here's a Sample file. 

There are two datasets. Individual and Total. 

The need is to create a third table, which will have the computation as below. 

Sample.JPG

Hi @FuzzyYabs 

Please check the measures in attachment.

AC Power Rate = 
DIVIDE (
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Individual[Amount] ), Individual[Department] = "AC POWER" ),
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Total[Total] ),
        FILTER (
            ALL ( Total ),
            Total[Department Total] = "AC POWER"
                && Total[Date] <> "NOV C18"
        )
    )
)

Regards,

Cherie

Hi @v-cherch-msft 

Almost! haha however, how am I suppose to make the calculation such that the totals will only be for a selected date range? ex. the total should be the sum from Nov 2017 - Oct 2018??? 

Apologies for having to many questions about this and thank you for helping me on this. 

Hi @FuzzyYabs 

What is a selected date range? You want to add a slicer to get the dynamic date range?If so,you may refer to below post to get the last 12 month values from selected month.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Show-last-6-months-of-values-from-selected-month/m-p/619157...

Regards,

Cherie

Hello @v-cherch-msft 

Your samples are very helpful. I will look into your suggestions. Thank you so much! 

Hi @FuzzyYabs 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. If not, please share more details for us so that we could help further on it.

Regards,

Cherie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors