cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
filipebarros
Frequent Visitor

Create a button to export data to excel

Hi, I would like to export a calculated dax table to excel, because other people don´t have access or don´t know how to use Power Bi, I would like to create a button to export a table to excel just by clicking it, is this possible?  In excel it would be easy doing this in Visual Basic but I am new to Power BI. Thanks for the Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GunnerJ
Helper V
Helper V

While I'm unsure about creating a button to export data I think the functionality you are looking for already exists. In the top right corner of any visual you have the three dots and if you select it there's the option to export the contained data. I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tired
Frequent Visitor

This really is an FAQ, and I'm amazed that MS have not been able to add this ability in over a year. There are lots of really useful improvements coming through - come on, this can't be difficult.

I've seen the 'solution' posted above - it's a tacky workaround. We've documented this convoluted process so our business stakeholders can do it, but really, is it too much to ask?

GunnerJ
Helper V
Helper V

While I'm unsure about creating a button to export data I think the functionality you are looking for already exists. In the top right corner of any visual you have the three dots and if you select it there's the option to export the contained data. I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors