Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a Measure to show the how many records meet a criteria

Hi all,

I think this should be simple, but I just can't quite grasp how it should be done. I'm trying to create a measure in a visualisation based on the following:

a) How many Resolved records match a Category

b) By using Duration, how many of "a)" took longer than 3600 seconds to complete

The result would read as, for example, "24 out of 150" to identify how many of a certain type of case failed a KPI. 

Thank you in advance...

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you post your table structures with some sample/mock data and the expected result, so that we can better assist on this issue?

It's better to just share a dummy pbix file. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Thanks for the response. The original Power BI desktop file is a bit unweildy to cut down, so I've created a very small sample instead, which I think ably demonstrates what I'm working with. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AM8mEe0nTNJehyY

The first visualization displays how many of the cases are for resetting a password:

Count of Record

State is Resolved or Closed

Category is Administration Reset Password

The second visualization is a copy of the first, further filtered to find out how many were completed in under 10 minutes:

Count of Record

State is Resolved or Closed

Category is Administration Reset Password

Duration (in seconds) is less than 601

What I would like is turn this into a Measure, so that I can use it in a further calculation as a percentage. For now, just being able to display on one line would useful (for example, “18 out of 23 Password Requests were completed in under 10 minutes”).

Regards,

Jon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors