Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DChase

Create a Hyperlink Navigation Home Page to another Tab(s)

When you accumulate 10 or more tabs for example it would be helpful to have a HOME PAGE that allowed a user to navigate with HYPERLINKS to selected views, or tabs in Power BI Desktop (and PowerBI.com)

The tab views construct was a great invention 25 years ago BUT Pretty Cro-Magnon when it comes to a modern BI interface.

7 REPLIES 7
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I think that what you want to do is to create simple text or image visuals on each page of the report and then pin those visuals to a dashboard. By doing this you would create a single page with tiles that link to each page of the report.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Can you explain this further?

1) I think that what you want to do is to create simple text or image visuals on each page of the report

-- Yes Import a Picture for Example

2) and then pin those visuals to a dashboard.

-- Not sure how to do this??? 2nd part even If I could I want to pin to SINGLE TAB, or Page within a Dashboard, to take me from Tab = "HOME" for example to Tab = "CUSTOMERS"

3) By doing this you would create a single page with tiles that link to each page of the report

-- How do I do this part?

On each page, create the image that you want as a visual. Publish the report to the Service. In the Service go to each report page. In the upper-right corner of the image visual, click the pin icon and pin them to either a new or existing dashboard. By default, each tile when clicked will transport the user to the report page from which it was pinned.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

By Default its not happening sir, kindly guide

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Suggestion is great if you're using PowerBI service.  However, we need this capability in the PowerBI Desktop app also.  Hyperlinking pages is a pretty straight-forward technology.  I just don't understand why it's not yet incorporated into the PowerBI Desktop application.

@tjd,

Currently, there is no such a functionally to workaround this issue in Power BI desktop. If you have any concern on this feature, you can submit your idea on the link below. If this feature was mentioned by mulitple users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@v-caliao-msft

There are plenty of suggested ideas out there for implementing hyperlinks across report pages in the PowerBI Desktop application.  I'd bet that if you added them all up, you'd have one of your top requests!  FWIW, I've previously voted (like months ago) on several of the ideas.  It's a simple fix, let's get it done!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.