Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

D_Lav
Frequent Visitor

Create a Cost Allocation app for PBI Premium License cost

Hi!

Hope anyone have a good idea here:) im trying to create a report that visualise how much of our P1 Premium capacity resources is being used. This is something that we will use for billing purpose inside the organisation. As a P1 cost 5000USD we need to reallocate this cost in the organisation based on some metric that shows us adoption/Usage inside my organisation. 

My thought is that we could show this based on how much CPU on avarage the diffrent datasets are using and then map that to underlying department in my organisation.

I found the attribute [AvarageCPUTime] inside "QueryMetrics" table when i connected to PremiumCapacityMetricsApp which i can present per dataset name. I dont really now how this attribute is built and how it works. Cant find any information online either. 

Does anyone know anything about this attribute or how i could use it for my above purpose? Or perhaps have done something similar and could share the idea:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In my opinion the cumulative query refresh duration is an important cost aspect, as it directly impacts the availability of render cores. That is especially important for import mode heavy scenarios.  For Direct Query this may be less applicable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In my opinion the cumulative query refresh duration is an important cost aspect, as it directly impacts the availability of render cores. That is especially important for import mode heavy scenarios.  For Direct Query this may be less applicable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.