Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create True/False filter

Hi All

i wish to create a true/false filter on a report.

we log case numbers of our support cases into our VSTS system to track developmental items against a raised issue

in my powerbi report i am trying to create a report whereby i can get a net new count of items with or without a case number

i can easily do it via a new column around isblank. that is easy enough

but wondering if there is more of a straight forward approach, like using a group or a feature i am unaware of that allows me to do a true/false on cell is blank without having to go down the new column creation

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

There's a Group By option in Power Query. Go to Edit queries -> Transform -> Group By. Did you mean this?

I'm not quite clear about what you want. Could you please share us more detailed information like some sample data and your expected reuslt if possible?

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xjiin-msft wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

There's a Group By option in Power Query. Go to Edit queries -> Transform -> Group By. Did you mean this?

I'm not quite clear about what you want. Could you please share us more detailed information like some sample data and your expected reuslt if possible?

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

no that is not what i am after as i cannot group how i want

essentially i want to group by if the cell/column field is blank or the cell is filled out with data.

why? as i have a field with 1000 different case numbers. so i wish to group if the case number is blank or case number has info

i can do this via creation of another column and using a formula, but wondering if there is any other inbuilt solution/function i am not aware of

Honestly, I think creating a calculated column is the best way if you want to add it to your PivotTable row area.

So you can give the group for case number or no case number any name you wish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.