Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Table from Visual Composed of Attribute and Measure

Afternoon,

I am trying to calculate the median/average value for these counts per quarter and then use that median or average to create some other measures. So for instance I would like to create a calculated table like the visual table below, having the quarter and the value. How would I go about doing that?   

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 4.18.07 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi powersc,

Based on your description, your requirement is to create a calculate column to achieve average value in every quarter, right? You can use DAX formula as below:

Avg = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Table1[Value]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Date].[Quarter] = EARLIER(Table1[Date].[Quarter])))

捕获.PNG 

You can refer to PBIX file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/88z0hvojp6wvlah/Create%20Table%20from%20Visual%20Composed%20of%20Attribute....

Best Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi powersc,

Based on your description, your requirement is to create a calculate column to achieve average value in every quarter, right? You can use DAX formula as below:

Avg = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Table1[Value]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Date].[Quarter] = EARLIER(Table1[Date].[Quarter])))

捕获.PNG 

You can refer to PBIX file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/88z0hvojp6wvlah/Create%20Table%20from%20Visual%20Composed%20of%20Attribute....

Best Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

That is somewhat right, I am actually trying to look at the sum of decription columns and find the average over the past quarters. Currently I do not have a value column but that was easy enough to create using you example as a guild. Now to get the average I need to calculate the previous number of quarters that came before the current one. How can I figure that out? 

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind I was able to figure it out using a built in function. 

DATEDIFF(MIN('test system'[captured_datetime]), MAX('test system'[captured_datetime]),QUARTER)

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.