Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

armchairexpert
Helper II
Helper II

Create Table Relationship

Hi,

I am trying to join the following three tables without success. Can someone please help?

armchairexpert_0-1601480438259.png

Currently I have joined the Date table to Calls and Agent Times tables using Call Date. Agent Times has single records per day per agent. Calls table has multiple records; details of many calls per day per agent.

I use Date, Month, Week Number and Year as filters from the Date table. I use Agent, Call Direction, Call Queue, Call Status, Call Type and Company as filters from the Calls table. All of this in a single report. 

I need to somehow join Agent in Calls and Agent Times tables. Cannot join as it is as it gives a many to many error. I need this for a new report for Agent Times where I need to use all these filters but not sure how to connect Calls and Agent Times table.

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do the agents belong to a company? Is that an attribute you could move up to the Agents table? What are you trying to calculate off the Agent Times table?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@armchairexpert 

You will need an Agent table that sits at the same level as the date table.  It should contain the unique list of agents and that you can connect to the 'Agent Time' and Calls table to use to filter the model by Agent.

@jdbuchanan71,

It doesn't work. I picked the wrong date to filter earlier. I tried to filter by Company where all the companies had records for a day but it shows all the agents for all the companies.

Do the agents belong to a company? Is that an attribute you could move up to the Agents table? What are you trying to calculate off the Agent Times table?

@jdbuchanan71,

I found why I was getting Many to Many error with Agent and Company. Same Agent name was found in more than one company. After sorting that out I moved the Company to the Agent table as you suggested and built the relationship. That is working now.

armchairexpert_0-1601549325314.png

Thanks for your help.

@jdbuchanan71,

All the agents have a company; it is like different branches. Using the company I filter and show the Total Calls, Total Duration, etc. I moved the Company to the Agent table and that created different problems. I think many to many problems. Then again, it is not just the company, as I mentioned on my original post, I will have many filters and I will have to move all of them up. That didn't work.

Could you perhaps share your .pbix file?  What are you trying to calculate off the Agent Times table?

Sorry, too much sensitive information and organisation data in pbix.

@jdbuchanan71,

Apologies. It let me filter but had issues with something else. Let me re-create the problem.

@jdbuchanan71,

Already tried that and that didn't work. My new report is based on the Agent Times table and it doesn't let me filter using anything on the Calls table. For example, it doesn't let me filter by Company.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.