Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krexx
Helper I
Helper I

Create Subcolumns in Matrix for Actual Month and YTD

Hello;
i have created a Matrix that includes 8 columns. Each of these columns are measures based on Actual Month or YTD. 

Now i would like to create some kind of Column above the measures to show Actual Month and YTD as in the image below. 

Krexx_0-1611440858368.png
Is there any opportunity to create maybe some kind of measure groups and use them in the matrix? 

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Krexx ,

To my knowledge, Matrix does not support displaying different columns/measures under Row fields.

You could create two matrix visuals respectively and then group these two visuals to get the expected output.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Krexx
Helper I
Helper I

@MattAllington Hello Matt thanks for your response. It helped a lot. I have still difficulties. 

If i have 3 Measures for "Month" and 2 Measures for "YTD" then it duplicates the single measure that is only displayed in "Month" with blank values in "YTD". Do you have any idea why? 

Read my other article here. I should have posted this one the first time - sorry. https://exceleratorbi.com.au/building-a-matrix-with-asymmetrical-columns-and-rows-in-power-bi/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

You can do this with disconnected tables similar to this article. https://exceleratorbi.com.au/waterfall-charts-using-measures-power-bi/

once you have the table, you can add the column to your matrix

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.