Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Create Reports with Vertical / Horizontal scroll bar on pages

Hi Guys,

I have noticed that while creating reports people are confused and not really able to make full use of the Custom page size option available in Power BI Desktop .

There are scenarios where you want to create single page reports with lots of visuals. What people do is that they increase the Page Size but every thing is crammed inside that space which makes people looking reports on small screens difficult to see numbers.

To keep in mind such scenarios, here are the steps you need to follow to create a report with vertical/horizontal/both scroll bar:

1. In View tab, click on Page View and set it to Actual Size. This setting is applicable only to that specific page.

Solution1.PNG

2. Now in Format option of the page, change Page Size to Custom and increase Page width/height. You will get the desired scroll bar.

3. Start adding visuals to the page and see the magic!!

Final OutputFinal Output

Prateek Raina

5 REPLIES 5
Astu

I am working on wide table of 14 columns , so  My vertical was there , but  horizonal scroller  was not showing , so

first click on the table,

go to format  and change the Vertical Alignment to middle, 

and page size to custom, and change the pixels size to desired size , on my case since I have wide table , I set it to width 1800 and height 1800, both horizontal and vertical scroller show up! 

Ani26
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @prateekraina 
Thank you so much for sharing the idea. It indeed helped a lot.

Thank you,

Anish

ervinaymishra
Frequent Visitor

How I can change page tab view to vertical scroll or show parallel.If I am having two page in my report then how I can view both page at the same time parallelly.

Hi @ervinaymishra,

As of now, You cannot see two pages parallely at same time.

Prateek Raina

GuyInACube
Employee
Employee

One word of caution on this. I've seen examples of a report that used the approach and caused some performance related issues. With adding a ton of visuals, it may take time for all of them to load completely. In the example I saw, it was about 120 visual that kept going vertically.

I would question the need for doing this from a Power BI perspective. How much data would be useful to the user? Would it make sense to revisit the report and refactor into different pages that are more targeted? Would a different reporting solution make more sense - such as a Paginated report with SSRS/Power BI Report Server? 

Adam W. Saxton | Microsoft Employee | Business Intelligence
@GuyInACube | youtube.com/guyinacube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.