Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chalupabatman
Regular Visitor

Create Pivot Table In Power BI

Is it possible to create  Pivot Table like you can in Excel with Power BI Desktop?

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chalupabatman,

I am not aware that which release of Power BI Desktop will support the functionality that create PivotTable. However, once it is supported, I will update this case.

Currently, you can follow the instructions in this blog to pin PivotTable from Excel to Power BI dashboard.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

do not having the pivot table feature in Power BI it is a real pity!

Passing for Excel to create a pivot table couldn't be a pleasant action to do for a customer. Moreover, does the pivot table update in an automatic manner when a data change occurs inside the Power BI data model?

Perhaps no, because to produce the pivot table in Excel first it occurs to use the analyse in Excel feature, then creating the pivot table, next pinning it on a Power BI dashboard ...

Thanks

This is the closest I could get to having a pivot in Power BI report -

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Pivot-table-like-excel-dashboard-in-Power-BI/m-p/71952#M2982...

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@chalupabatman

The Matrix visualization is close but it does not expand and collapse. That is an idea that has been supported and is going to be included in a future update.

For now, I would recommend the PowerBI add on for Excel where you can pin ranges from your excel Pivot table to the service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I just stumbled upon the ability to upload workbook to One Drive and add the Pivot Chart/Table to a Dashboard. 

Do we have any idea when this version/release with the capability will be released?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.