Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

minhln
Regular Visitor

Create Map Visuals Vietnam

I tried to create a filled/map visuals by provinces/cities of Vietnam, which using ISO 3166-2:VN and/or from stoids.com/uvn.html. However, the visual shows not correct or not full provinces of Vietnam. Please advice which source / standard code of country / provinces / cities I could use to show in the map correctly.

Thanks,

Minh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Minh,

From your pbix file, it seems that Bing map mixes the Ha Nam Province and a Province in China. To help Bing identify the location correctly, please provide specific latitude and longitude along with Province, then check the map visualization.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
datlong
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Does anyone advice that what I can do so that I just want to show Vietnam's map with province?

Thanks

DL

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Minh,

Could you please post a screenshot to show the map visualization and fields you are using? And we will appreciate that if you can mark the specific area which doesn’t show correctly in the map visual.

In addition, Power BI uses Bing to geocode the data, make sure that you follow the instructions in this article to properly create the map visual.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your advice. I will follow the instructions which I think I will combine both province names and Long&Lat data and update result later.

Btw, kindly find the working pbix file as below.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=44685F526CE797F9%21119626

The first source I used from wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:VN , the ISO Code is not working. However, the output used Province Name is most accurated (except for Ha Nam Province, which moved to China as below screenshot).

Vietnam Map - using Province Name - Ha Nam Province in China.PNG

The second source (from http://www.statoids.com/uvn.html), I tried HASC, ISO, FIPS... but outputs are not correct. Again, province name is better choice compared with the others. (Below screenshot).

Provinces of Vietnam - Wiki Source - using Province Name - some provinces not appear.PNG\

Thanks

Minh

Hi Minh,

From your pbix file, it seems that Bing map mixes the Ha Nam Province and a Province in China. To help Bing identify the location correctly, please provide specific latitude and longitude along with Province, then check the map visualization.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi Lydia,

It worked fine with the province names and Long&Lat.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Minh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.