Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HotelRM
Regular Visitor

Create LY Data Column Based on the Existing Filter Selected for TY

Let's start by saying this is my very first post in the forum - I'm very new to Power BI

To give you some background information, we use Fiscal Year with Financial Periods of 4 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks cycles with yearly exceptions where a period which could be period 1 or 12 is a 6 weeks period every few years. Periods start on Sundays and end on Saturdays but (obviously) they don't start on the first day of the month nor they finish on the last date.

I created a CalendarTable as follows to be able to filter data by Year, Fical Period, Quarters, etc:

Calendar TableCalendar Table

I have a graph that shows that uses the following data an succesfully filters data using the above table:

DataTableDataTable

I would now like to create a Graph or a table that will display the daily data for LY's period as selected on a slicer, here's an example of part of the graphs currently displayed for Period 6 Year 2013:

Capture1.PNG

So I would like to add to each date a BAR corresponding to each of the dates but for Period 6 in 2012.

Could anyone please shade some light? 

14 REPLIES 14

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.