Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Dynamic parameter to load data in Power BI

Hi,

I am very new to Power BI. I have one requirement to load the data for one field from previous year to next 3 years.

So, the filed is 'PO_Plan_Receipt_Year' and it has all years starting from 2011 to 2025.

I want to load data in Power Bi only form previous year to next 3 years. so it should be always :

year(Today())-1 to 'year(Today())+3 i.e (2017 to 2021). I am expacting something like below image.

How I can achieve that?

Thanks!

Regards,

PoonamCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous

Please pay attention to the bold character, paste the following code in your Advanced editor.

let
Source = Sql.Database("10.76.62.207", "sagedb"),
dbo_V_OPPORTUNITIES_OIF = Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="V_OPPORTUNITIES_OIF"]}[Data],
#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(dbo_V_OPPORTUNITIES_OIF,"","0.0",Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"OIF_Value_EUR"}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Replaced Value",{{"OIF_Value_EUR", type number}}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Opp_Key", each [Opportunity_ID]&"-"&Date.ToText([Load_Creation_Date])),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"PO_Plan_Receipt _Year", Int64.Type}}),
Startdate=Date.Year(DateTime.LocalNow())-1,
Enddate=Date.Year(DateTime.LocalNow())+3,
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type1", each [PO_Plan_Receipt _Year] >= Startdate and [PO_Plan_Receipt _Year] <= Enddate)
in
#"Filtered Rows

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Write this code in the Advanced editor.

let
    Source =******,
    #"Changed Type"=****,
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [date] >= Startdate and [date] <= Enddate)
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

11.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the above expression but I am getting below error. Can you please help me on that?

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Poonam

Hi @Anonymous

Could you check the data type of the "date" column? (or the column used before and after the "=<")

In my test, it is of Type Number.

Or could you share the code you used in the Advanced editor so i can analyze where is wrong?

Additionally, how about delete the operator, then re-write it? It seems you use < instead of <=.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

Thanks for your reply!

I am using below code :

let
dbo_V_OPPORTUNITIES_OIF = Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="V_OPPORTUNITIES_OIF"]}[Data],
#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(dbo_V_OPPORTUNITIES_OIF,"","0.0",Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"OIF_Value_EUR"}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Replaced Value",{{"OIF_Value_EUR", type number}}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Opp_Key", each [Opportunity_ID]&"-"&Date.ToText([Load_Creation_Date])),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"PO_Plan_Receipt _Year", Int64.Type}}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [PO_Plan_Receipt _Year] >= Startdate and [PO_Plan_Receipt _Year] <= Enddate)
in
#"Filtered Rows

The data type of 'StartDate' is 'Any'. The data type of 'PO_Plan_Receipt _Year' was Text. I converted it to Whole number. (You can see the 'Change Type1' script code. I tried using "&StartDate&" but still it is not working. If I use hardcoded value "2017" , it works.

Could you pleas ehelp me on that?

Thanks!

Regards,

Poonam

Hi @Anonymous

Please pay attention to the bold character, paste the following code in your Advanced editor.

let
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type1", each [PO_Plan_Receipt _Year] >= Startdate and [PO_Plan_Receipt _Year] <= Enddate)
in
#"Filtered Rows

Best Regards

Maggie

Is there a way to automatically change the data source in PBI daily via an equation (for example: add 8340 to the middle number in the link every day. So day 1 would by 8340, day to would automatically change to 16680, etc)?

Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

Thank you so much for your reply. It is working as expected 🙂

Regards,

Poonam

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.