Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Create Dashboard template as an image for my Company

Hi all,

I want to create an image template for my dashboard with company header at the top and placeholders for reports and slicers.

I tried it doing in ppt and converting to image file but somehow when I upload it in the dashboard page, the image gets blured and placeholders are screwed up. 

Any help on the size of the image file and what is the best practice to create such template would really help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Akash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

I do mine in Photoshop, but you can probably do it in free apps like Gimp. Basically the steps I follow are:

1. Create  a "rough” layout of the visuals I want to include in a given page, allowing for spaces where I am going to include images or effects (boxes with drop-shadow or bevel or whatever)

2. Take a screenshot of the page to use as a guideline for the image editing app. This image is the base layer on which I add the images/boxes needed externally, and is helpful to see the placement of objects and the actual dimensions. This layer is obviously hidden once I export the image template.

3. Export the image from the app, ideally as a a PNG image file (though I’ve also used JPEGs), at the highest quality possible.

4. Import the image as the page backround in the format pane, using the “fit to page” option from the dropdown menu.

5. Re-adjust the visuals to fit the new backround.

it is a bit laborious but it works. The only thing to be aware of is that what may look perfect initially may actually not be so if a user zooms in on the page on the web-browser, and indeed if viewed from the mobile app. But I haven’t come across a better alternative...

hope this helps somehow,

regards,

Paul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

I do mine in Photoshop, but you can probably do it in free apps like Gimp. Basically the steps I follow are:

1. Create  a "rough” layout of the visuals I want to include in a given page, allowing for spaces where I am going to include images or effects (boxes with drop-shadow or bevel or whatever)

2. Take a screenshot of the page to use as a guideline for the image editing app. This image is the base layer on which I add the images/boxes needed externally, and is helpful to see the placement of objects and the actual dimensions. This layer is obviously hidden once I export the image template.

3. Export the image from the app, ideally as a a PNG image file (though I’ve also used JPEGs), at the highest quality possible.

4. Import the image as the page backround in the format pane, using the “fit to page” option from the dropdown menu.

5. Re-adjust the visuals to fit the new backround.

it is a bit laborious but it works. The only thing to be aware of is that what may look perfect initially may actually not be so if a user zooms in on the page on the web-browser, and indeed if viewed from the mobile app. But I haven’t come across a better alternative...

hope this helps somehow,

regards,

Paul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.