Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Custom Average Line In Line Chart ( to avoid skewed value)

How can I create a custom Average Line? I am counting records created by year, but I don't want the average based on inclusion of the first year (2005). The average on the bottom is what i am aiming for , but it doesn't display the skewed value in the solid line, which i need to include.

Skewed Average.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SriKandimalla
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @Anonymous ,

You can create a new average measure using DAX as follows,

AverageMeasure = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(column_name),FILTER(table_name,tablename[year]<>2005))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SriKandimalla
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @Anonymous ,

You can create a new average measure using DAX as follows,

AverageMeasure = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(column_name),FILTER(table_name,tablename[year]<>2005))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @SriKandimalla , This helped me to see what I was doing wrong in how I implemented my dax expression.  I also needed to implement as a calculated column instead of a measure to get the constant line on the chart. The only tradeoff of this custom way is that I can't format the line to show the average like I can using the analytics pane average line. Turning on the data label will show the average datapoint on all years.

Custom Avg Line.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.