Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dollarvora
Helper I
Helper I

Create Calculated table based on slicer selection

I've a table with ID, Names and Day column as under :

IDNameDays
1A30 days or less
1A30 days or less
1A30 days or less
1A31 to 60 days
2B30 days or less
2B31 to 60 days
2B61 to 90 days
2B61 to 90 days
3C90+ days
3C61 to 90 days

Alongside I've two slicers, coming from two different tables with such one column each 

slicer.PNG

What I'm trying to do here is, based on the user slicer selection, I want the table to be filtered and only output "Name" that arent present in the first slicer selection, also the anti-join needs to be done on the ID column

So for the above slicer selection, viz. 30 days or less compare with 31 to 60 days, the results should be a table with column "Name" and just record "C" as its the only Name thats not present in the "30 days or less"  but present in "31 to 60 days"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dollarvora 

Is this what you are looking for? 
Result.JPG

If so, the model is set up like this:

One benefit of using this method is that you can multi-select in the slicers.

Model.JPG

To calculate the compliant names, you can use this in your measures or to filter a table using the "filters on this visual" in the filter pane (see first image):

Name selected (but not in exlcuded) = 
VAR _select = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Fact'[Name]), TREATAS(VALUES('Date range selection'[Range Selection]), 'Fact'[Days]))
VAR _Exclude = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Fact'[Name]), TREATAS(VALUES('Date range Exclude'[Range to be exlcuded]), 'Fact'[Days]))
RETURN
COUNTROWS(EXCEPT(_select, _Exclude))

If you wish to list the names in a card visual for example, or in a column in a table/matrix, use:

Names Identified = 
VAR calc = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Fact'[Name]), FILTER('Fact', [Name selected (but not in exlcuded)] = 1))
RETURN
 CONCATENATEX(calc, 'Fact'[Name], ", ")

The slicers are set up so that once you make a selection in the "Range Selection" slicer, the corresponding ranges are hidden in the "Range to be excluded" slicer (since you cannot select and exclude the same range simultaneously)

I've attached the PBIX file for your reference

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dollarvora 

Is this what you are looking for? 
Result.JPG

If so, the model is set up like this:

One benefit of using this method is that you can multi-select in the slicers.

Model.JPG

To calculate the compliant names, you can use this in your measures or to filter a table using the "filters on this visual" in the filter pane (see first image):

Name selected (but not in exlcuded) = 
VAR _select = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Fact'[Name]), TREATAS(VALUES('Date range selection'[Range Selection]), 'Fact'[Days]))
VAR _Exclude = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Fact'[Name]), TREATAS(VALUES('Date range Exclude'[Range to be exlcuded]), 'Fact'[Days]))
RETURN
COUNTROWS(EXCEPT(_select, _Exclude))

If you wish to list the names in a card visual for example, or in a column in a table/matrix, use:

Names Identified = 
VAR calc = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Fact'[Name]), FILTER('Fact', [Name selected (but not in exlcuded)] = 1))
RETURN
 CONCATENATEX(calc, 'Fact'[Name], ", ")

The slicers are set up so that once you make a selection in the "Range Selection" slicer, the corresponding ranges are hidden in the "Range to be excluded" slicer (since you cannot select and exclude the same range simultaneously)

I've attached the PBIX file for your reference

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dollarvora ,

Create a measure like this plot againt name

if(countx(Tables[Days])+0 =0, 1, blank())

or

Table like

except(all(Table[name]), allselected(Table[Name])

and measure like

countrows(except(all(Table[name]), allselected(Table[Name]) )

Hi @amitchandak ,

I seem to be getting blank values, alos
I'm not concerned about the counts, I'm more interested in getting the names that are present on the table fitered from second slicer but not present in the table filtered from the first slicer

@dollarvora ,Can you share a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.