Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

samihuq
Helper III
Helper III

Create Approximate Match Relationship

Hi There,

I have got two tables. Table A has  Date and Quantity Column as bellow:

DateQty
01-Jun-1512246443
02-Jun-1512737355
03-Jun-1511901529
04-Jun-1511574494
05-Jun-1513583459
06-Jun-1511980839
07-Jun-1511727211

And Table B has bellow Rate Table:

DateRate
01-Jun-15$0.015
05-Jun-15$0.016
10-Jun-15$0.017

Now how do i join them so that i can calculate the revenue?

Thanks,

Sami

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no way to delete replies here!?  My answer was... not exactly on target 😞

You need a way to calculate the "most recent rate".  That is the last date in rate table, which is less than (or equal?) to the date in your quantities table.

Maybe something like... ?

=CALCULATE(
     LASTNONBLANK(Rates[Date], MIN(Rates[Rate]),

FILTER(Rates, Rates[Date] <= MAX(Quantites[Date]))
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ALeef
Advocate III
Advocate III

Is your pricing a change schedule?  For instance the price is  $0.015 for any orders placed between 01-Jun-15 and 04-Jun-15, at which the rate changes to $0.016 for the next period?  We need a little more information to help you out properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will want to create a separate Calendar/Date table (that can have nice columns like Year-Month, etc).  You will create relationships from the Calendar[DateKey] to each of the data columns in your data/fact tables shown.

When building reports, you will use columns from the Calendar table, which will magically filter BOTH of the tables you have here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no way to delete replies here!?  My answer was... not exactly on target 😞

You need a way to calculate the "most recent rate".  That is the last date in rate table, which is less than (or equal?) to the date in your quantities table.

Maybe something like... ?

=CALCULATE(
     LASTNONBLANK(Rates[Date], MIN(Rates[Rate]),

FILTER(Rates, Rates[Date] <= MAX(Quantites[Date]))
)

Sorry for the late reply but thanks, i had had it solved with kinda same solution.

Thanks,
Sami

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.