Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Aging Bucket. - formula help.

Hi Power BI gurus, 

I am farily new to Power BI,  might ask some simple questions, but please kindly help!   🙂

I am trying to create couple new fields related to Aging bucket ( Account receivable)

1. Days Past Due:  is the days difference between report date and due date,  I simply used the folumar = 1.0* ([Report Date]-[due date]), and it works.. 

2.  then I want to create a categorical field - Aging bucket  with an conditonal formular, please see below.  The questions is  that it won't let me to add “AND" logic in one single condition. For example, if date_diff is greaten then 1 AND also less then 30, then "1-30Days". 

Over all, I am looking for this field with logic:

- if date_diff less then 1, then "current", elseif Date_Diff>1 and also <30 then "1-30 Days"; elseif Date_Diff>31 and also <60 then "31-60 Days".... etc.

In additon,  is there other ways to create the measure instead of using the conditonl column?  I am not very familiar with writing formula.. if someone could further advise, I really appericate it. 

Thank you,

Flora

PBI-Aging bucket.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can create a custom column in Query Editor use Power Query below: 

=if [date_diff] <=1 then "current" else if [date_diff] > 1 and [date_diff] <30 then "1-30 Days" else if [date_diff]>= 30 and [date_diff] < 60 then "31-60 Days" else null

q4.PNG

To create a measure, we need to back to report level use DAX. 

Measure = IF(MAX([date_diff]) <=1 , "current",IF( MAX([date_diff]) > 1 && MAX([date_diff])<30,  "1-30 Days",IF(MAX([date_diff])>= 30 && MAX([date_diff]) < 60, "31-60 Days",  BLANK())))

q5.PNG

You can downlaod attached pbix file to have a look. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can create a custom column in Query Editor use Power Query below: 

=if [date_diff] <=1 then "current" else if [date_diff] > 1 and [date_diff] <30 then "1-30 Days" else if [date_diff]>= 30 and [date_diff] < 60 then "31-60 Days" else null

q4.PNG

To create a measure, we need to back to report level use DAX. 

Measure = IF(MAX([date_diff]) <=1 , "current",IF( MAX([date_diff]) > 1 && MAX([date_diff])<30,  "1-30 Days",IF(MAX([date_diff])>= 30 && MAX([date_diff]) < 60, "31-60 Days",  BLANK())))

q5.PNG

You can downlaod attached pbix file to have a look. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

This is a great example, but is there a way around this in Direct Query

Thanks a million?

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Qiuyun,

This is exactly what I am looking for, and thanks for sharing more than one solutions.  Good to learn both.   🙂

Thank you!!

Flora

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.