Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Google5ive
Frequent Visitor

Create A Custom Row or Separate the Data Somehow

In my database, I have an Xml field in every row, which is inconvenient because I need data from that column.

I've used a 'Add Column / Extract / Text Between Delimiter' to separate the information I need from the XML column into other columns, but the problem is that I only have one row with multiple forms of information.

Google5ive_0-1658414368392.png

As seen in the picture the total amount is $24.00 for each row but i need to break it down

C470 = $10.00 

C678 = $14.00

So when I calculate my totals, the proper amount appears in each Description.

As seen below, I had to show them connected because either one would not have been accurate. I need C470 to go in C470 and C678 to have its own.

Google5ive_2-1658414671425.png

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. If you paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services it will be easier to assist you. I cannot use screenshots of your source data.

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.