Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Crate a bar graph with stacked values and drill down

Hello,

I am trying to create a visual with stacked bar graphs but I am not capable of finding a Power BI visual that satiesfies my requierements.

The idea is the following:

X-axis: by the current Month filtered (this one is easy), having one bar per calculated measure (three in total: Sales, Budget and Previous Year Sales).

The values to display are from data in a two-level hierarchy: the general type and the specific element. The values must be stacked first in the general type and, with the data drilldown, go to the specific elements (5 in each type)

Y axis: the amounts, in thousand (the easy part).

So it needs a 3 level hierarchy (Month, Type, Element) to drilldown, with 3 calculated measures as bars, stacked. Any ideas on how to solve it or any custom visual I can use for this purpose?

Power BI built-in graphs are limited and they do not offer this kind of graph as far as I have seen, either I have a stacked but with just one value (for example, Sales) and no drilldown.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

You can try "Clustered bar chart".  As you can see from the snapshot, the date, class, color are three different types and different things. You can drill down to another type.Crate a bar graph with stacked values and drill down.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response!

This chart almost suits me, but not quite. This is the result I am getting:

This is the result I need:

It is still missing the stacked part, to see in one line how the different types are distributed.

Regards,

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

How about "Stacked bar chart".

Crate a bar graph with stacked values and drill down2.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for your response!

The problem with that one is that it stacks the Values (Sales, Budget, Previous Year) by Type / Element, not the other way around (stack the Type /Element by Sales, Budget and Previous Year, having 3 stacked columns representing the proportion of each Value):

BarGraph_3.PNG

Regards,

Antonio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.