Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MartinMehaudy
Helper I
Helper I

Country grouping in Filled Map Visual

Hello everybody, I want to share an issue I had with the Filled Map visual, and the solution I found.

Within my organization we have some country groupings that cannot be displayed on any map straight-forward (Hispanic South America, British Islands, etc., which don't necessarily have any meaning outside our organization). So, I made a table with all countries and their corresponding groupings Location = Country and Legend = Grouping on the Filled Map Visual.

However, and here's the issue, although the labels did recognized the Groupings, the map didn't. All countries were gathered under a single "Legend", even though it was clear they belonged to different ones as per the table.

I believe it to be a defect in the Visual, nevertheless there's a workaround.

Solution: drag any non-numeric value to the color saturation field and the issue is fixed. As simple as that. I'm saying non-numeric so the color are all the same for each legend, but if you need to use color saturation for some numeric value it works just the same.

I hope it helps somebody 🙂 Regards!red.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MartinMehaudy,

Thanks for your sharing.Smiley Happy Other community members will benefit from your solution.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.