Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Silvermountain
Frequent Visitor

Countrows gives no value

Hello!

I want to count the number of rows in a table. My PBI file contains multiple tables. In one table, I can use the DAX expression countrows and get the correct result, in another it always returns blank.

The query looks like this:

Silvermountain_0-1665741838594.png

And the formula ('leeg' means blank or empty):

Silvermountain_1-1665741858634.png

I have the same issues with other tables in my file. Some work, some don't. What could be a solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have been looking into it for the last hour or so, and found the solution. Had to be in a relationship, so I tested all of them. There was a relationship to another table, with a few tables in between. This last table was empty and caused an issue for the table that wasn't empty.

Thanks for your replies 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Silvermountain
Frequent Visitor

Hi @amitchandak , you can see a picture of the table in the first post. It does contain data, so we can rule that one out already.

I also found the trigger for not giving a value, but no work around yet. It is caused by one of the active relationships for this table. If I delete one of the highlighted relationships, the formula works as it should. I do need a relationship though, and it has to be on the currently selected column. I can't change the crossfilter direction of the relationship, this triggers an error. Any idea how to solve that?

Silvermountain_0-1665745078766.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Silvermountain , Strange, Hope the table you are giving is having data

Can you share a sample pbix after removing sensitive data?

Have been looking into it for the last hour or so, and found the solution. Had to be in a relationship, so I tested all of them. There was a relationship to another table, with a few tables in between. This last table was empty and caused an issue for the table that wasn't empty.

Thanks for your replies 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.