Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SarahLamblin

Countrows and summarize

Good morning,

I've created a matrix table using 4 columns and one measure.

It is a matrix table to visualize article numbers based on Article Status, Article type and Article group.

The aim is to retrieve the number of articles per Article group.

This the measure I initially created:

Aantal artikels =
VAR aantalartikels =
COUNTROWS(
SUMMARIZE(Artikelgegevens, Artikelgegevens[Artikelstatus], Artikelgegevens[Artikelsoort],
ArtikelGroepOmschrijving[ArtikelgroepOmschrijving], Artikelomschrijving[ArtikelNr])
)

RETURN
aantalartikels

But that gives the following result: (The totals per Article Group are correct, but I want to leave the count of Article Nr per row. I don't want to see the number 1 on each row next to article number.)

Countrows.jpg

So the I tried the following measure:

Aantal artikels =
VAR aantalartikels =
COUNTROWS(
SUMMARIZE(Artikelgegevens, Artikelgegevens[Artikelstatus], Artikelgegevens[Artikelsoort],
ArtikelGroepOmschrijving[ArtikelgroepOmschrijving], Artikelomschrijving[ArtikelNr])
)

RETURN
IF(ISFILTERED(Artikelomschrijving[ArtikelNr]), blank(), aantalartikels)

But when I use this measure the Article Numbers on itself are no longer visible.

I do want to see the Article Numbers, but not the value of 1 next to each article number.

Can someone help me to obtain this result?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SarahLamblin ,

I have created a simple sample. Please have a try.

VAR aantalartikels =
COUNTROWS(
SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[ArtikelSoort],'Table'[ArtikelStatus],'Table'[ArtikelgroepOmschriving],'Table'[Gemarieerd]))

RETURN
MAX('Table'[Gemarieerd])
vpollymsft_0-1643620469164.png

If it is possible, please provide your pbix file without privacy information and desired output.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SarahLamblin ,

I have created a simple sample. Please have a try.

VAR aantalartikels =
COUNTROWS(
SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[ArtikelSoort],'Table'[ArtikelStatus],'Table'[ArtikelgroepOmschriving],'Table'[Gemarieerd]))

RETURN
MAX('Table'[Gemarieerd])
vpollymsft_0-1643620469164.png

If it is possible, please provide your pbix file without privacy information and desired output.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SarahLamblin

I've also tried using if(isinscope instead of if(isfiltered, but the result is still not what I want

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.