Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Counting working days between two dates

Hi, I'm using the following formula to calculate working dates between two dates. It works great if the PickedDate comes after Delivery date. However, the formula returns a 0 instead of the negative value, which is expected, when the PickedDate comes before the DeliveryDate. As the result, the DeliveryDaysVariance is always positive. Please help me create a formula that will generate either positive or negative variance depending whether the PickedDate comes before or after the DeliveryDate. I need to count only working days, so I created a the IsWorkDay column in my RollingDate table that mark working days as 1.

DeliveryDaysVariance = CALCULATE(SUM(RollingDate[IsWorkDay]),
                                    DATESBETWEEN(RollingDate[Date],
                                    Invoices[DeliveryDate],
                                    Invoices[PickedDate])) + 0

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try if the following codes work for you...

DeliveryDaysVariance =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( RollingDate[IsWorkDay] ),
    DATESBETWEEN ( RollingDate[Date], MIN(Invoices[DeliveryDate], Invoices[PickedDate]),MAX(Invoices[DeliveryDate], Invoices[PickedDate]) )
)
    + 0 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made your formula work by adding a conditional column in the query edit. This column has -1 when the PickDate is prior to the DeliveryDate and 1 when it's after. Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try if the following codes work for you...

DeliveryDaysVariance =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( RollingDate[IsWorkDay] ),
    DATESBETWEEN ( RollingDate[Date], MIN(Invoices[DeliveryDate], Invoices[PickedDate]),MAX(Invoices[DeliveryDate], Invoices[PickedDate]) )
)
    + 0 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made your formula work by adding a conditional column in the query edit. This column has -1 when the PickDate is prior to the DeliveryDate and 1 when it's after. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. That's an iteresting solution but it doens't indicate negative variances when the PickDate is prior to DeliveryDate. Your code returns only positive variances. I just wrote the following code which seems to do the job. I was hoping there was a more elegant way of achieving the same result:

DeliveryDaysVariance = IF(Invoices[PickedDate]>Invoices[DeliveryDate]  
                                    ,CALCULATE(SUM(RollingDate[IsWorkDay]),
                                                    Invoices[DeliveryDate],
                                                    Invoices[PickedDate])) + 0
                                    ,-1*CALCULATE(SUM(RollingDate[IsWorkDay]),
                                                    Invoices[PickedDate],
                                                    Invoices[DeliveryDate])) + 0)

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.